Sunday, August 26, 2012

1st Grade!

Our beautiful little girl is in first grade! She was happy and confident about going all day to school. I, on the other hand, was sad and so nervous for her. I hid those feelings from her the best I could, and she didn't seem nervous at all. She even wanted to ride the bus home. I told her I was going to come to the school and make sure she got on the right bus the first day, but she insisted I didn't need to.





Jared offered to take her to school that day, and she was very excited about that. I felt bad not being the one taking her, but it worked out well and saved me from many tears. It was easier to watch her leave with her dad than to watch her walk into the great big school all by herself.
Mackayla lined up and ready to go in with her class at school.


This is the best picture I got of her getting off the bus at the end of the day. I won't lie, it was one of the longest days ever!! I just kept watching the clock, wondering if she was doing ok. It was such a relief when she got off the bus and said it was a good day.



She really missed Caitlin and wanted to hold her as soon as she got home.


Each day has been better and gone smoother for her. She is absolutely exhausted at the end of each day though. These long days will take some getting use to still.
Here is day two.


Day 3

Day 4


After making it through the entire week, Jared took us to City Creek Center Friday night to have some fun. We had a great time and it was the perfect way to unwind after a long week.



These pictures were from before school started. I love these little kids! Why, oh why do they have to grow up and go to first grade?!?!?






No comments: