Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Move

I've had a lot of requests for pictures of our new house, but I really don't have any of those ready yet. Hopefully, I'll put up a little tour of the house in the next couple days, but in the mean time I have a few pictures of the actual move.
The last few days before the move were crazy and I could barely move, so we were so THANKFUL that Jared's parents and grandmother showed up to help us on Friday. Jared's Mom and Grandma did A LOT of the last packing for us on Friday. We were able to borrow a big truck from our Bishop on Saturday morning. We had 13 guys from our ward show up to help us move and they had everything out of the house in about 30 mins. It was amazing. It took about 20 minutes longer to have everything loaded in the truck and then we were on the road to Lehi to unpack. We didn't have as much help on the other end but it still went really fast. A couple guys from our ward, Taylor Nelson, my uncle, and a couple of my cousins helped us and we really appreciated everyone that helped us that day!!
Here's Jared in the back of the truck on our first moving day.

Here are a lot of the guys wondering what to do next after only being there for 30 mins. Everyone was planning on it taking a lot longer.

Jared and his dad getting a ride down from the truck.

Mackayla really wanted to help out with everything. Here she was wrapping up some of my vases for packing.
The kids did a good job staying out of the way. On Saturday morning I opened the stroller in the kitchen and I think Bradley stayed in there for about an hour. That really helped in the last moments before the movers showed up. :)

While they were loading the truck Mackayla stayed busy picking flowers.
At the new house, the kids stayed in their tent and watched a movie for a good portion of the unloading time.
Nini not only helped pack and unpack a ton, it was great having the help entertaining the kids as well.
Friday night the kids took one last bath in their giant bath tub.
Mackayla has been having a hard time with the change so things have been a little rough for her. This Sunday after church she wanted to rest by herself so she crawled under these pillows and stayed for a long time.

Along with the big house Bradley is wanting to be a big boy. He's decided he prefers sitting at the table with us rather than his high chair. He looks so cute sitting there with us.


I wanted to write this little conversation down so I wouldn't forget it because I think it's so sweet. During one of Mackayla's many hard moments during our fist week here I was having a talk with her and the end of it went like this...
Me: Do you know how long I'll love you?
Mackayla: How long?
Me: FOREVER!
Mackayla: (with a big grin finally replacing the sad face) Well, I'll love you for one minute longer than that!

5 comments:

Danielle and Derek said...

I'm glad your move went smoothly. Have fun primping your new house - can't wait to see some pictures!

Chelsea said...

That little conversation is darling- I don't think your family could be any cuter if you guys tried!

Congratulations on the new house :)

Heather said...

You are finally moved, huh? Congrates, I guess. You better take some pictures of the old house empty. I want to see those! Your kids are cute!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Glad that things went so smoothly for you guys. Make sure you rest a little! That tub sure looked extra huge in that picture. Good luck with everything.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Your home is beautiful! Hurry and put up pictures. We had a great time at your place -- thanks!!!