Sunday, March 29, 2009

Boy, Oh Boy!

Baby #3 is boy #2!! We found out this last week that we are expecting another baby boy. For the third time in a row I found out that I am out of tune with my mother's intuition and was shocked when the ultra sound technician said it was boy. I really felt like it was going to be a girl, but we are delighted with the news. Mackayla took it very well also and is excited to keep the title of "my best girl!" Even better news is that the ultrasound revealed that our baby boy looks very healthy!
As soon as we got home from the ultrasound Mackayla wanted to have a pretend ultrasound of her own. Her baby is also doing very well; however, she is having a baby girl.
Our new home! The planned closing date is April 8th. We'll then plan on moving day either being April 18th or 25th depending on how fast or slow we want to do the move.


We needed to buy a fridge for the house and have been watching ksl (on-line classifieds) for a good deal. We found a GREAT deal on fridge that was only a year old yesterday and bought it. When Jared picked it up the lady threw in this big dora house/tent for free. This solved the problem of having a living room with no living room furniture. Our new living room will just be the dora house room. :)
We got Bradley his new bedding for when he moves up to his big boy bed. Now, we just have to find a single mattress for him. Anybody need to get rid of one?? I'm hoping to be able to set up his new bed and his crib in the boy's room of our new house and let him transition into it over the next few months. He loves the animals, especially the elephants.

We had a great week with Grandpa and Grandma Hatfield here. We rarely go out to eat so its always a treat to do so when they are visiting.


Bradley and Grandpa sleeping.


11 comments:

Heather said...

Bradley looks like a whole different boy without his curls! Cool house! It is nice when Mom and Dad come into town. Congrates on another boy! And congrates to Mackayla on having a girl! I like the Dora tent. Can I have it? :)

seejones said...

Very cool! We are so excited for you to have another boy:) That pic of Bradley at the resturaunt looks alot like Jared did when he was little...so cute!!! Also congrats on the house and the Dora house...if you get tired of being inside, you can always join dora in the great outdoors!

April said...

Nice score on the dora house, oh and your real house is pretty nice too!

Danielle and Derek said...

Congratulations on another baby brother! Your house looks beautiful - good luck with the packing. Melissa, you look too tiny to be half-way done with #3!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Great job on your little son! He is beautiful. Thanks for letting us come see him at your ultrasound. That was way cool! The house is great.

Kevin said...

I got your phone message, but it's 3:41am so I probably won't call you back right now. The reason I'm writing all of this nonsense is because I can see myself forgetting to call you tomorrow or the next day and in case that happens I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you. Well, I can't wait for you to move to Lehi! The kids know how to get to your house now because we go for bike rides past "Melissa's house" a lot.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

House owners! 3 Kids! A minivan! You guys are sure growing up! Way to embrace the fast lane. :) By the way, you should move here if you like eating out.

Rachel said...

Why do you look like the skinniest pregnant woman ever? I'm jealous. And I'm so excited about your house - you'll have plenty of room for us to stay :) Congratulations on Baby Boy (Doobie, right?)

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

PS--I just checked out your first shot with the ultrasound pics and you really are tiny! I should just send down some of my non-preggo clothes for you to wear!

Jared and Melissa said...

I don't know if anyone will look again at this comment but I have to confess that picture of me is totally unrealistic. Between the style of shirt and the angle of the picture its like trick photograpy. Seriously, when I looked at the picture Jared took I was shocked and thought "cool, somehow I actually look small in this picture!"

Danielle and Derek said...

Nice score on the dora house, oh and your real house is pretty nice too!