Sunday, October 5, 2008

Debt Free

This week we paid off our entire student loan. We have absolutely no debt! This is probably the only time (at least for a long time) that we will be in this situation, without even a house payment to make. Whenever they started talking about debt during conference this weekend, we just turned the TV off...nothing that we needed to hear! (totally kidding!) We'll purchase a house and perhaps another vehicle before long, provided the economy seems stable enough to do so, so we're just enjoying this feeling for a short time. It sure does feel good though. :)


We had a great conference weekend. Unfortunatly our kids have decided to stop sleeping this last week so we were pretty tired. We're finding it's rather difficult to be able to listen attentively to the speakers with two little kids demanding attention. We're excited for the Ensign to arrive next month so we can read it carefully and fill in all the parts that we missed.


Here are just a couple of pictures taken of Bradley this week.

Chocolate Overdose
Let's Go Cruisin'

PS: Congrats to Derek and Danielle on their successful escapade.

7 comments:

April said...

Congratulations!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Good for you guys! Also, can I borrow some money??
Darling pictures of Bradley!

ashley said...

HOORAY!!! Congrats! That's an AMAZING accomplishment...

Danielle and Derek said...

Thanks - we wish you many successful escapades as well. Way to go on being debt free!

Heather said...

Those are cute pictures of Bradley! I don't think I have ever been in debt except what I have to pay Mom and Dad for all the stuff they have giving me. I don't think I will ever pay that one off. Ugh! I hope the economy gets better for you to buy a house and car.

Rachel said...

Melissa, I finally started a blog, it's linked to my name. I found out today that I'm having a girl - I'm soooooooo excited. That's definitely not going to help our money situation, because I have got some serious shopping to do. Good for you guys on paying off your loans! I'd go out and buy the sweetest minivan on the market.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

That has to be the best feeling ever! Congratulations.