Sunday, September 28, 2008

Autumn

We went up the canyon today for our annual autumn drive. It's always so beautiful to see all the colors!





Last weekend we made a quick trip down to Arizona for Grandpa Jones' funeral. I didn't really take any pictures myself. Jared's cousin Chelsea was the official photographer and she took A LOT of pictures! As soon as I get ahold of all those pictures I'll be putting up a big post on the event for the sake of our family journal. It was a really great time, though, to be with family and remember Grandpa. We're so glad we were able to be there.
The kids did great on the car trips. We left in the later afternoon both ways so the kids slept for half the trip. Mackayla and I made travel pillows for the kids the day before we left and they were a big hit. I took pictures of each of them in the car with Jared's phone camera. Mackayla didn't want her picture taken... shocking, I know.
Bradley helping Papa drive his truck.

These are just a few random pictures...
Mackayla loves to help vacuum now. I'm quite impressed that she can manouver the vacuum herself because it's quite a beast!
We learned about leaves a couple weeks ago. This is Mackayla studying all the different leaves we gathered on our nature walk.
The kids both love the playground. Bradley can't get enough of the slides.

Playing dress up

8 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

The fall pictures are great. The leaves are so pretty and so are all of you! How did you get Mackayla to let you take pictures of her?
We can't wait to see you in person -- just a couple of weeks now!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I was going to say the same thing...Mackayla smiled so prettily for the fall pictures. Those pillows looked like fun! Sorry to hear about Grandpa Jones, but glad you got to visit with so much family.

Danielle and Derek said...

Those pictures look professionally done - very beautiful! Good job on the pillows, Melissa. I'm glad the kids did well in the car. Your kids keep getting cuter!

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Is Bradley driving already? He is either one precocious little guy, or that is some bad grandparenting. I think it is the former.

Heather said...

In the slide picture, is Bradley sticking out his toungue? How cute! I also like the autumn pictures.

April said...

Bradley's hair is awesome! I also like his approach to driving, I've thought about sitting in the wheel.

Julie said...

We went up the canyon this past Saturday. It is spectacular. Your pictures are really nice! Glad you are having a fun Fall!

Chelsea said...

you guys are too cute!

I just burned all the pictures onto cds- there are quite a few of your darling family! I'll send them this weekend, so hopefully you should have them the beginning of next week!

Love ya'll :)