Sunday, September 7, 2008

My poor family...

This last week probably wasn't the funnest week our children have ever had. At the beginning of the week I got another Mastitis infection. Although it has been awful every time I've had it, this time seemed to be the worse and last the longest. This weekend I finally felt better but was still very tired. I plan on being 100% recovered by morning. :)

The poor kids hardly left the house. Mackayla watched hours and hours of TV. Thier Mom was absolutely no fun at all.

Jared is very busy at work right now. He's working LONG hours and Saturdays until things slow down a bit. This last week though, the poor guy would come home and have to completely take over with the kids. Aunt Lori and Julie came over one afternoon to help me out and brought dinner to us. The dinner lasted us two nights so at least my family had food!!! We were very appreciative of that.

And of course, poor me! I really thought I was laying on my death bed for a few nights there. One night I was laying in bed while Jared was putting the kids to bed, wondering how long it would take Jared to remarry. Luckily, I'm still alive so he never gets to remarry.

This week we're planning on making up for last week. I'm going to try to do a lot of really fun things with the kids. Hopefully we'll have some fun pictures to post next week.

On a lighter note...
We enjoyed watching the BYU game on Saturday (thanks to the Henrys.) We were watching for my Dad and Chad in the crowds since they went to the game, and were very suprised when we spotted them. Here's their picture.

Go Cougars!

6 comments:

Danielle and Derek said...

I'm so sorry for you. What a lousy week. I hope this is the last mastitis episode ever. The thought of Derek remarrying has helped me to pull though some bad sicknesses, too - I'm much too jealous to allow him that opportunity :).

Heather said...

That BYU guys "B" is backwards. Poor guy! I am sorry that Melissa was sick and I thought she was never sick. At least that is what she always bragged. I probably wouldn't be sick ever if I didn't work with the kids I work with.

Julie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. It was fun to see you though and to play with your cute kids!

Kevin said...

Good catch, Heather! I didn't notice the backwards "B". Melissa, you better call me the next time you are sick like that! At least so I know that I can call you when I get it. Call me if you aren't better yet.

April said...

I watched the BYU game too and I didn't noticed Dad and Chad the first time, I'm glad you posted that picture.

ronandlindahatfield said...

I though I saw those two in the crowd! I wondered where all my blue paint had gone.
Glad you are feeling better Melissa! Don't try that again!!