Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wish List

In case anyone else is working on getting their Christmas shopping done early and wants to get a gift for Mackayla, she has a very percise wish list already. She wants:
~A pink pogo stick
~A princess piano
~A pink hurdle
Does anyone know where you can buy a hurdle?

This last Monday for FHE we had a family Olympics. The crawling race was a favorite.
Mackayla was so proud to have won the "golden medal." Bradley is getting pretty fast and earned the silver. Jared hadn't done near as much practicing as his competitors, but still took home the bronze.

It started raining today, and I found Jared and Mackayla running around the backyard in their underwear, terrified that the hurricane was coming.

I quickly explained to them that the hurricane wouldn't make it this far inland and that this was just a small storm. Everyone calmed down after that.

7 comments:

ashley said...

heeheehee.... i'm still chuckling to myself. you guys are so creative up there... maybe it's the thinner air. i love it - especially the play by play of the race, and the real medals. genious. i'll keep my eyes open for a hurdle... and a pogo stick. great to talk to you today!

Kevin said...

Jared was running around outside in his underwear? Tell him to put some clothes on and head over to buy some pvc pipe. He can probably make a hurdle and spray it pink. I love the pictures!

ronandlindahatfield said...

I also wondered why Jared was outside in his undies. To each his own!
Fun FHE. Dad and I had a similar one. He won the gold in fantasy sports watching and I got the gold for couch laying.
Cute pictures!!

Danielle and Derek said...

Cute post, Melissa! Mackayla has a great Christmas list. Everybody needs a good hurdle in their life.

April said...

I like the Henrys comment!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I've got plenty of hurdles in every color...she can take her pick! I planned to do an olympic FHE but we had things during those weeks of FHE and missed out. I thought I couldn't do it anymore since the olympics are over, but now you've shown me I CAN! My cousin did some cute events too like "flag design." I hope you feel better!

Heather said...

Yeah, why was Jared outside in his underwear? If you ever find a hurdle for Mackayla and she doesn't want it anymore, I know a few students who would like one. Just kidding. I love the first pic. of Mackayla out side.