Monday, August 4, 2008

His last good year

Jared turned 29 this week. He had to work on his birthday from 6am til 6pm. He was able to meet us for lunch though. We went to one of his favorite places, Goodwood BBQ. When he got home from work we had a quick dinner and party before the kids went to bed.



Jared and kids at lunch. It was delicious!


We were successful in our first attempt to grow onions. They didn't get as big as we would have liked they are still very flavorful. Now we have to figure out what to do with all of them. We cut up some and put them in the freezer, Mackayla ate a couple of whole ones, and we still have a TON left.


On Saturday we had a suprise visit from Jared's Grandpa and Grandma Richins. They were only able to stay about 20 mins but it was great to see them!

Grocery shopping has been very nice lately now that Bradley has been joining Mackayla in the car part of the cart. They both love driving around as I get the shopping done.


This is how Bradley is spending all his spare time these days. He pulls himself up on EVERYTHING and is loving the freedom of exploration he has now.


I was getting dinner ready the other night and realized the block of cheese I had set on the counter was missing. I looked behind me on the kitchen floor to find Mackayla chomping away on it like it was an apple. She had eaten a lot of cheese already!
I have yet to figure out why blogger won't let me turn these videos around so you'll have to turn your head again. This is Mackayla trying out the hula hoop game on our new wii fit. She was so excited to try all the games. Unfortunatly her wii fit age was 32. She's going to try to get into better shape.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Jared!!! I'll be 33 this year so luckily I can tell you that the good years keep coming!
I love the picture of the sneaky cheese! Very cute.
I wish Michael would sit in one of those shopping cart cars. She lasts about 5 minutes in them and then the rest of the trip is a "challenge" to say the least. Now days I send Derek on his way home from work, can't even remember the last time I did the grocery shopping by myself!

ashley said...

Cute bday pics! I can't believe you are so old... atleast you have advanced notice of your last good year. Make it exciting! :)

So we were wondering if Mackayla and Bradley would mind driving over and bringing us some onions. Sophie really loves them, as does the rest of our household. I'm sure the drive would go really fast... and we promise to take you for great BBQ when you get here.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Bradley needs a blue sippy cup!!
The pictures are very cute. We can hardly wait for tomorrow when we get to see all you cute people in person!!

Danielle and Derek said...

Happy Birthday Jared!! I also love Mackayla's cheese picture. Thanks for letting us drop in last week - the kids were jealous that we got a "sneak peek" at their cousins. The apricots were delicious and we ate them quickly. See you tonight!!