Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our biker girl

Mackayla's new bike came in the mail on Monday. She got to ride around on it in the house for a couple hours then it moved permanently outside. She's still trying to get the hang of pedaling all by herself, but loves riding her bike. She also got a package from G&G Hatfield that day, so she's also wearing the stuff they sent her in this picture. :)

Mackayla LOVES being "twins" with her baby doll.


This week for school Mackayla was learning about partiotism (at a two year old level.) She added the terms: United states of America, American, and Old Glory to her vocabulary. She also learned about respecting the flag and what it means. It's nice to know a little of it sunk in. I heard her telling Bradley, with her hand over her heart, "this is how we be nice to the flag."
Now in this picture I know she's got the wrong hand over her heart, but again, she's only two.
We've been having lots of pool parties this week. Mackayla loves playing in the kiddie pool.



Bradley got to go to his first Father & Son outing. Our ward had a BBQ, and Bradley said he had a GREAT time with his Daddy.While the boys were gone to their BBQ, Mackayla and I played dress-up. Mackayla recently discovered that I have my own box of dress up clothes and loves to pick out outfits for me. This is the beautiful ensemble that she came up with last night. She, of course, just wore her cinderella dress. A family picture! Jared finally shaved his beard yesterday (I forgot how handsome he is)!! I could hardly keep my lips off of his soft, smooth face!
Mom and Bradley

Jared and Mackayla went to a few yard sales this weekend and Jared found a table saw for only $40. He was pretty excited about it. Now we just have to figure out where we're going to put his new collection of tools! :)

6 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

Does this blog have a rating? It should at least be PG13 with all that kissing talk! I have to admit, I like Jared with a smooth face too! (Not there is anything wrong with a beard.)
I love the pool. It is so colorful! Makes you want to jump right in.
Again, darling kids. We've got the cute Grandkids award sewed up!!

Heather said...

Bradley is Adorable as usual!!!! Mackayla is so funny and so cute too!!!! Sounds like you guys have been having tons of fun!

April said...

Looking good Melissa! Mackayla was Cinderella and you must have been some priness from the 80's.

Can we come over and swim?

Danielle and Derek said...

Love the outfit, Melissa - you must have a fun dress-up box! Look like a fun pool party - count us in!

Rachel said...

I laughed out loud at the picture of you and Mackayla in your dress up clothes. You are a hoot.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

That pool does look quite refreshing. I can't say enough how happy I am that you guys get to be together more now that Jared is working. You're always up to something fun.