Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

We had a fun time celebrating "Daddy's special day." Mackayla and I had made him this fancy hat. He looked stunning in it. My ideal plan was to let Jared sleep in today, but being the wonderful father that he is he got up with Mackayla at 5:45am since I had a very rough night with a sleepless Bradley and only had a couple hours of sleep myself. We made him breakfast, though, and gave him a few presents.



There is so much I could say about what a great father Jared is and how much he does for us, but I think I'll just say that he makes my life as a mother absolutely wonderful! I could never have dreamed of a better partner to walk side by side with as we raise our family. We love you Jared!
Here are some pictures of Daddy and son from yesterday.
(I'm addicted to taking pictures of my family and am constantly taking what I think are the world's cutest pictures!)



We bought our tickets this week to visit the family in Washington this summer and Mackayla is so excited to go. The poor girl though has no concept of time and is already packing her bags. She's always asking if we can leave yet. Daddy had the idea to help her make a paper chain to count down the days until we leave, so that's what we did for her school the next day. She loves her paper chain but unfortunatly is against the idea of tearing any of them off.
Bradley loves the basketball! We put it in front of him and he couldn't stop smiling as he played with it. I couldn't pick just one picture so they're all here.
Practicing his tough-guy game face.

Tonight we were hanging out downstairs and we came up with the idea to build a little slide. We used our satin sheets as the sliding surface because, as you know if you've slept in them, its impossible to keep your pillow in the bed because its so slippery. Mackayla had a fabulous time!
( I don't know why this video is showing up sideways. I'm working on that right now. Sorry)

6 comments:

ashley said...

happy special day, jared! hope yours was great - it looked like it will be pretty hard to top. i LOVE all B's rolls... and MK's giggles as she is sliding... and the basketball faces - what a crack up.

i was thinking maybe you should cut out B's evening coke/pepsi bottle to get him to sleep better...

love you guys~

ronandlindahatfield said...

Happy Father's Day Jared! Love the hat. Very fashionable!
The chains are a good idea -- we can hardly wait til you guys get here! Bradley is so cute. He and MAckayla should be in advertisements in Hollywood!!!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I cannot believe Bradley's hair--it is hilarious! Glad to see you guys had a fun day and we can't wait for you to come and play.

Heather said...

Bradley is cute because he is cubby smiley boy! The slide looked like it was a lot of fun! We had a paper cain for the last few weeks of school, but we tore ours! Happy Father's day, Jared!

Danielle and Derek said...

Looks like a great Father's day celebration. You are a fabulous photographer, Melissa - though I'm sure it helps that your subjects are pretty darn cute. Bradley has changed so much since we saw him last; I can't wait to give him a squishy hug this summer.

Kevin said...

Do you have a new cell number? If so, call me.