Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in Yakima

We had a great trip to Yakima for Thanksgiving. The drive went really well, the kids were great, and the weather was perfect. My mom put on a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and, because there wasn't a lot of the family in town, I got to sit at the adult table for my FIRST time! It only took 29 years! Somehow we forgot to get a picture of that special event.

Grandma & Bradley
Grandpa, Bradley and BuffyWe got to spend a lot of time with Chad and his family on Friday and Saturday. Mackayla had a wonderul time with her cousin Jackson.
Hugging Jackson goodnight

Bradley and cousing Mitchell playing with the farm animals
Watching some football with Dad
Things got a little boring with the milk so he decided to trade it in for a better drink.
(it's rootbeer)

The kids loved Grandpa's popcorn. Bradley had his hand in there for three straight days.
Melissa, Mackayla and Grandma Davenport
Grandma D. took us all to dinner at an all you can eat buffet, and Bradley ate as much as anybody. He was pretty cute shoveling all the food in with his spoon. The picture doesn't do justice because his little face was covered with potatoes, ice cream, and everything else he could get on his plate!


6 comments:

April said...

The picture of Jackson and Mackayla seriously looks like it could be Chad and you 25 years ago!

You guys must have been in a hurry if you didn't have time to wait for Grandma to get off the phone before taking the picture.

ronandlindahatfield said...

We loved having you here!!
I agree with April about the picture of Jackson and Mackayla. Holy cow!

Danielle and Derek said...

Congratulations on the table upgrade! I'm glad you had a fun trip, but we'll miss seeing you at Christmas. You said the kids did well in the car - I'll bet they'd love a trip to Pennsylvania.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I knew your kids could travel well. Road trips with kids are always way worse in the imagination. We are glad we got to spend a little time with you guys and hope your Christmas is fun too.

Heather said...

I am a little sad that I didn't make this blog in picture or word. The kids LOVED me and no mention of it! ;( HAHA! It was fun having you guys here! Come back any time!

Julie said...

Hey nice background! This one wasn't there the other day when I was changing mine so I had to settle for a winter theme rather than Christmas.
I love all the pictures, especially Bradley's grown up pic. in his shirt & red tie. So cute!