Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oh say can he see!

Here is a picture of Jared's new eyes! He had Lasik eye surgery on Thursday and was seeing 20/20 by his appointment Friday. He highly recommends it to anyone. We had a celebratory contacts flushing Friday night. We've been planning this since we got married. It was our graduation gift to ourselves. Very exciting!


The other great part about the week was that we had Heather here with us. She spent her spring break visiting us and it was wonderful to have her here. Mackayla wouldn't leave her side from the moment she got here.

Mackayla got to do a fun painting project for school while Heather was here. She painted a little box with Heather's help. Mackayla was very meticulous about her painting, just as she is with coloring.

I was so excited to have a sling with this second baby, but haven't used it a ton yet. I did, however, try it out today and it worked great. We were going to head outside for a walk but Bradley fell asleep. We just popped him inside the sling and he stayed asleep for a long time.
Mackayla with an ice cream cone


The last two times that we've gone as far as SaltLake Mackayla has gotten car sick and thrown up. This makes the idea of road trips even less appealing to us. It was a chilli day and I didn't have extra clothes, so she got to ride home wearing Bradley's blanket.
*Photo of the Week*
taken by Jared
Now that he's had Lasik this is the next item he's saving for :)



Just thought I'd try putting a video on here since I hadn't done it this way before. Its pretty easy. I'll have to start putting up more videos.


14 comments:

ashley said...

What an exciting week! Congrats on the 20/20 vision and such a jam-packed month of adventures! So sorry the mini road trips are getting worse - that's no fun, although Mackayla makes a blanket look really good. It might start a new trend. Glad you had fun with Heather too! and Sophie loves Bradley's laughing video... so cute.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Cute pictures. You want a neon for your next car???
Bradley looks like a little Q-pee doll! Love the video and the blanket dress!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Now I am the only blind-eyed "child" in the family. I'm so jealous! I'm sure it's absolute heaven...congratulations Jared. That is a major bummer that Mackayla has carsickness. Bradley sure is a cutie.

Danielle and Derek said...

I'm glad the surgery went well, Jared. You guys were lucky to get everyone's favorite aunt to visit! I used my sling all the time last summer - perfect for parks when your pushing kids on swings.

Heather said...

Thanks to me, the only one who doesn't know anything about blogging, help Melissa figure out how to put a video on here! It sure was a fun visit! Tell Mackayla that I am making a deal!

Julie said...

Congrats on your new eyes Jared! I agree, Bradley does look like one of those cute little dolls.

April said...

I for one think that Jared looks 100% better with his new eyes.
Glad to see that you finally put the sling to use.
Can't wait to see little Bradley rolling around with Logan in a couple of weeks.
What the hey is a q-pee doll?

ronandlindahatfield said...

When did you start saying "what the hey" April? Is that what Pullman has done to you???

Heather said...

Melissa says that a lot (what the hey).

Jared and Melissa said...

I've never said that before. I say "what the heck"

April said...

So I guess what it comes down to is that no one knows what a q-pee doll is?

Kevin said...

Google kewpie doll. That might be a more common spelling. Bradley does look like one. So cute!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Thank you Lisa. I knew I hadn't spelled it right!!

Julie said...

My mom just mentioned the other day that Uncle Alvin had one of those dolls tattooed on his arm. It's just a fat little doll with a gerber baby type face and a curl or two of blonde hair on the top of its head.