Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy 50th

A while back Amy had announced that she had just put up their 50th post. Since that time I have been anxiously awaiting the day when we too would hit that big milestone. Alas, we have made it and I would like you all to know that this is our 50th post! I hate for this big event to overshadow Jared's upcoming graduation so try not to make too big of a fuss over it. Who would've thought last summer when an innocent young girl like myself first entered blogworld that I would have had such great success???

We've had a great weekend. Saturday we got to go to a baptism of my cousin's son (Tyler) and then spend the afternoon in Lehi visiting with family. Then today we spent the day in Manti for the blessing of one of Jared's cousin's baby. Its been wonderful to spend so much time with family.
This is Jared's last week of classes. By Tuesday evening he will be done with classes, papers, homework and all that fun stuff. He'll just have 3 finals left to take care of before graduation. Our company starts arriving for the big festivities next week and we are SO excited to have everyone here.


I only have a couple of pictures from this week:
Today I realized Mackayla was being much too quiet and so decided I better go check on her. I hollered "what are you doing Mackayla" and as I came to the bathroom I heard the responce "oh, just putting on my makeup."
Luckily, blush was the only thing she had gotten into. This picture doesn't do justice to the amount of blush she actually had all over her face.


Bradley watching a little TV




His first baby cookie thing

10 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

Congratulations Melissa! I wasn't all that happy when I turned 50. Congratulations Jared!! You made it! We are very proud of you. I love it when little girls discover makeup -- Mackayla did a very good job with her makeup. She looks so pretty! Bradley is just adorable, no matter how you look at it! Glad you had a fun weekend. We look forward to seeing you soon!

April said...

Maybe Mackayla can give me a makeover when I get there...she's looking pretty good!
Congrats on the blog news and the last week of classes...what a gratifying feeling.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Yeah for the Jones family! With so much excitement, I wonder how you sleep. Mackayla looks GORGEOUS and Bradley is completely adorable. I still can't figure who he looks like. Maybe more like Melissa lately? Love you guys!

Danielle and Derek said...

Great 50th post! I'm glad you get some visitors soon. Every little girl needs a "getting into make-up" picture, and Bradley is a doll!

Jared and Melissa said...

Danielle, I love the picture you have of Meagan when she was little and put on her own lipstick! When you found her didn't she tell you she was ready to go to walmart? I'm just wondering if I remembered that correctly? Thats a cute story and picture!

Heather said...

Cute, Cute, and more Cute! Kazzooooooo! Too bad I wasn't there for the makeup. Now maybe Mackayla and Bradley can fight over the T.V. being on or off!

K said...

Congrats Jared on finishing school. That is so exciting for you. There is not any other feeling like knowing you are done. Enjoy it and have fun. Bryan and Katy

Kevin said...

Innocent?

Danielle and Derek said...

I'd even forgotten the Walmart part until you mentioned it - good memory! I'm sure she got that from me, as I wouldn't be caught dead in Walmart without bright red lipstick.

ashley said...

hooray for being done with classes! good luck with finals... i love the make-up pic... and Bradley in all his roll-icious glory!