Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

We had a very fun April Fools Day dinner. I had heard that Danielle was planning on making jello in cups to look like juice so I decided to join in the fun. As soon as everyone came to the table Mackayla excitedly picked up her "koolaid" and tried to drink from the straw. I felt so bad for a minute when I had to tell her it was a trick and her drink was actually jello. She took the news well, though, and enjoyed her jello very much. Jared's family always had a traditional April fools meal where everyone has to eat from odd and unusual plates with even more odd and unusual untinsels, and so we decided to give it a try. It's a tradition we'll joyfully carry on.






Some other news from the last week. Jared got to move from a cubicle to an office! This is the office he'll be working in now. It has a beautiful view of the mountains! Jared is pictured here training his little protege.
Just when it felt like spring had arrived we had another snow storm! Mackayla was excited to have one last chance to enjoy the snow.

8 comments:

ashley said...

it looks like fun! i always love to see what gmail does each year too... :) did you see that one yesterday? the jello in the cups is a good trick - it looks real. i'll have to try that one sometime.

congrats on the new office!!! bradley looks right at home - do they let you take kids to work? you should definitely check into that. he would love it.

Jared and Melissa said...

Does gmail do an april fools joke? I must have missed that. Jared said kids are not allowed at work. Trust me, I've asked him many times!

Heather said...

It was a lot of fun to have dinner with you last night! Thanks for inviting me. The kids are lots of fun and really CUTE!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Your dinner looked GREAT! What a lot of fun!!
I put pictures of the dinner Danielle made on my blog. She and Derek were with Spencer, so Meagan and I enjoyed the "surprise" by ourselves.
I can't believe all that snow. Amazing!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

That is a fun idea--thanks Joneses! I love all holidays except April Fool's (if you can call it a holiday) because I am so gullible. Last night Chad tried to tell me that Jackson was really hurt--not funny! I was so scared. Usually he just puts a rubberband on the kitchen sink sprayer and laughs when I soak myself. Anyhow, your dinner idea is a great one...remind me next year so I can do it too.

Julie said...

Love the dinner with odd stuff idea, it looks really fun. We did nothing at all for April Fool's, maybe I should pull a real prank and do it today as a super surprise, now that I've got some good ideas!
Hey, Heather are you in town much longer?

April said...

That is definately a fun way to eat dinner, we'll have to try it next year (we had that exact same dinner on April Fool's day by the way).
Nice office Jared, Bradley looks like he's about ready to take over!

Danielle and Derek said...

I bet spaghetti was the perfect meal to eat with crazy utensils/dishes. That does look like a nice office, Jared. Congratulations on the upgrade!