Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Update

I thought I'd just give a quick update for the hundreds of people following our lives through this blog. We haven't had the baby yet, but there are only two days until the official due date. April hasn't had hers yet either, so the race is still on. My parents get here tomorrow. Its a relief to know that Mackayla will be in good hands while we're in the hospital. Jared only has two tests left to take this week, so he's feeling a little more ready for the baby to come. We'll put pictures up as soon as our son arrives, so check back regularly!

Jared took Mackayla to the pumpkin patch (at the grocery store) tonight to buy a pumpkin. She was very excited about the whole deal.

Mackayla is getting good at smiling for the camera when we take her picture. The best part is I don't have to worry about fixing red eye anymore.

Here are a couple pictures from conference weekend. I don't know how much Mackayla got out of the talks, but she loved just laying around with Mommy and Daddy all day.

Mackayla sat perfectly quiet during the last session. What a good girl!

7 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

We will be there in a few hours and then we'll get things "popping"!
Cute pics!

April said...

It's not a race anymore, I'm pretty sure that my body just doesn't know how to go into labor on it's own. I'm excited to hear when Mackayla becomes a big sister. Good luck!

Jared and Melissa said...

You're only four days over due april. I'm sure your body is perfectly capable! :) I might be a lot more over due than you are. We'll just have to see.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Looks like fun! I don't want to hear any complaining from either of you until you've gone 6 days over! At least it's not like the old days when they let women go naturally and sometimes they'd be a month late.

Danielle and Derek said...

Mackayla must be related to Meagan. We tried so hard for a JibJab head picture - I counted over 30 pictures taken of a big smile and shut eyes; we finally gave up and found an old photo. She tried her very best, it was just impossible. The pictures of her trying are pretty funny, though. Can't wait to see baby brother!

Heather said...

Mackayla has the opposite problem than me. We should get togther and teach each other how we smile for the camera! Good luck to you!

Chad Hatfield said...

So, Jared has only two tests left to take this week -- Hmmm... let's see, he's already done the HIV and pregnancy tests, what is left?

Hepatitis B?
Driver's?
GED?

Don't keep us all in suspense like this. What are the tests?!!!