Sunday, May 2, 2010

Waiting for Spring

Two of the last three morning we have woke up to snow on the ground. We're ready for some warm spring weather! Even with the cold though, we've been having a great time.
This is the best picture we ended up with of the kids in their new spring/Easter clothes last month.
Rather than learning to actually crawl, Jacob has instead mastered the art of his butterfly stroke type of scoot to get all over the place. He loves to climb onto or through things and he's always so cute doing it so I have a bunch of pictures of him on the move.

Following his brother and sister around

Crawling through the middle of our coffee table

He loves climbing under his exersaucer

Mackayla and Bradley think its so funny to lay on the floor and have Jacob climb on top of them, which he always does.

He's at it again

Did I mention it's been cold here. Jared and Bradley are all bundled up to mow the lawn.
Letting Bradley ride on his sholders while mowing... I think that might win him the father of year award! :)

My parents were just able to spend a week here visiting us. I didn't end up with any pictures of them but we had a wonderful time and loved having them here!
Grandpa and Grandma spent some time trying to get Jacob to actually crawl. Grandpa thought if he stuck some oranges in Jacob's shirt he would lift his belly up and start crawling. He was getting pretty close but in the end decided to stick to his scoot.

And of course we had to take this funny picture...

Jacob perferred the oranges on the outside of his shirt.

While my parents were here we were also delighted to have a visit from my brother Chad and his family. They came down for Amy's graduation and we also got to attend that special event!
They were absolutely exhausted after a very long week but still made time to visit all their family and it was seriously such a treat to see them!


Mackayla and Bradley playing in our yard with cousins Jackson and Mitchell.
Balloons tied to your hair... who doesn't love doing that?!?




5 comments:

Heather said...

Your kids are pretty funny. They should be called the goofballs and not me. Jacob's face was priceless with the oranges in his shirt. I don't think I ever tried tying a ballon to my hair. Melissa, you had your own way to crawl, also. Must run in the family.

Danielle and Derek said...

I love Jacob's oranges! Grandpa always has the best ideas. I'm glad you got to have some fun company, and we can't wait to take our turn to visit soon.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Thanks for letting us visit! Sorry it was so short. I'm trying to talk Chad into another Utah visit sometime. Cute pics of the kiddos!

ronandlindahatfield said...

The kids are so cute! We loved visiting at your house. You always show us a great time and I even found some new cloths!!! Balloons on hair?? A new fad!

April said...

I hope we get a chance to come visit you and see your house before too much longer...maybe Thanksgiving time? Those are nice cleavage shots of Jacob.