Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day and more in May

My family gave me a very wonderful Mother's Day. They gave me some very nice gifts, breakfast, a nice dinner and home made icecream! A perfect day!
When I opened the front door that morning to get the paper, as I always do, I found the paper sitting on the front step next to this beautiful basket of flowers!

My three WONDERFUL children with their mom on Mother's Day!


Opening their gifts for me. The kids were SO excited about this part of the day.


The other night Mackayla and Bradley kept sitting on Jared's feet wanting a ride as he walked. After a while, Jared hopped up on the counter trying to get a break. That didn't stop them though! I thought Jared's failed attempt to get away from them was funny.


A very exciting event in Bradley's life... we had a Magleby dump truck come to the house and leave us a truck load of dirt for our garden. We spent last Saturday hauling all the dirt to the back yard. The kids worked right with us for a long time and never lost interest. They helped us fill each load of the wheelbarrow with their little shovels. We got it all done that day and started planting things this weekend.


Last week Mackayla was in charge of the activity for Family Home Evening and chose for us to all play dress-up!


Here are the kids enjoying their new swing set.

Mackayla and Bradley made bunk beds out of our coffee table.

Mackayla hasn't had a bike to ride for a long time since she outgrew her little trike. We finally found one on KSL and she LOVES her new sleeping beauty bike!


Mackayla's old tricycle is officially Bradley's now. We have been going on bike rides all weekend!

5 comments:

April said...

Great idea for bunk beds! Can't wait to see your garden!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Shoveling that dirt looked pretty fun! Glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Danielle and Derek said...

The kids look great on their bikes. Good job with all that dirt. Can't wait to see you guys!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I'm always so impressed with how Jared gets so much done around your house. I'm sure your garden will be amazing.

Cool bikes! We need to get some too.

You're just like your brother. All it takes to make him happy is some homemade ice cream. :) Maybe I'll make him some tonight.

Heather said...

I am glad you had a great Mother's day!