Saturday, February 27, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Here a few of our favorite things these days...

Mackayla LOVES lemon pepper, or as she calls it, Lemon-Pep.
When we set the table we always include it since she wants it on most of her foods. She sprinkles lemon pepper on all her vegetables, pastas, and pretty much most things we eat.

Mackayla's and Bradley's favorite show to watch on TV now days is Dinosaur Train. Since they are into dinosaurs so much I took them on a trip to the little dinosaur musuem at BYU last week.


One of the kids' favorite past times is to help Dad or Mom with whatever project they are doing. Here they are painting the living room.

Bradley's favorite movie is Cars. He's loved the movie for a long time but just recently has started loving it with a renewed passion. We discovered in the bonus features a 7 min show called Mater and the Ghostlight and he LOVES it! He'd watch it over and over again for hours if we'd let him. He knows every line and is always quoting the movie. He even talks in a cute little hillbilly mater voice when saying Mater lines.

I don't know that Bradley has a favorite food but as long as he has something to dip it in he loves it. Sour cream is one of his favorite dips. If you don't watch him carefully though he gets a little carried away with it.


Bradley also loves to eat butter. He's always getting into trouble for sticking his fingers in the butter tub to scoop out a taste. The other day he was again reminded that it was bad manners and that he better NOT put his finger in the butter again. A few minutes later we looked over and he was (with his fingers out) licking the butter out of the tub. The poor boy really didnt think he was doing anything wrong since his fingers weren't in the butter.
Jacob's favorite thing to do these days is to scoot and roll all over the floor. He loves that if he sees something he wants he can get to it himself.

He also LOVES being cute!

Our family's favorite addition to our house- a FENCE! We are so excited to have a fenced yard now and can't wait for Spring to come!


One of my favorite past times- watching the whole family doing push-ups together!

Jared's new favorite hobby and my favorite Christmas present- this table!
Jared finally had time to make this beautiful sofa table for me. He had given me the plans he had drawn up for Christmas and now the masterpiece is finally sitting in our entryway. He used the cabinet shop at work and seriously did a very impressive job!

Another of my favorite things- a great deal! We were at walmart this weekend when they just happened to be putting all the kids winter pajamas on clearance for 1 dollar!
I had to fight the crowds but ended up with 13 pairs of pajamas for $13!



Mackayla's favorite color is still pink but we have had some exciting events in our house as far as favorite colors are concerned. Bradley's favorite color has always been blue, as assigned to him at birth by his sister. He has now declared though that his favorite color is GREEN! He tells us his other favorite color is "boy red" not to be confused with girl red. Mackayla has also informed us just recently that she has added orange to her favorite colors. As you can tell by all this big news, things have been wild and crazy here at the Jones house.

8 comments:

Danielle and Derek said...

I love your favorite things. We can definitely relate to the butter fingers, and Ethan loves Dinosaur Train, too. That sofa table is gorgeous; good job Jared! And good job Melissa on the pjs. Gotta love those final clearances.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Okay, the butter thing is gross! Logan does that too. Maybe my boys would, but they only know spray butter. I guess when I was little, I loved to drink Pepto Bismal though, so every kid must have a weird desire. :) I'm with Mackayla on the lemon-pepper, especially on broccoli!

Did you pan out on your yard or is it SERIOUSLY that big! Oh my goodness!

And, AMAZING. That's all I can say about Jared's work. I didn't know he was a carpenter too. I'm going to commission a bunch of things! :) Just kidding. What a work of love.

Jared and Melissa said...

I tried to back up to get more of the fence in and yes, it made the yard look way bigger than it is!

Julie said...

Holy HUGE backyard! Even if it is exaggerated in the photo, I like it! I can't wait for the day we have a yard the kids can play in :) That's great!
This is a fun post, favorite things, so cute.
We love Dinosaur Train as well, it's fun & Michael learns so much.
Yuck, butter but my kids do it too, every chance they get...I blame my mom for this icky habit!

Heather said...

Grandma Davenport eats butter by the spoonfuls! She said it taste like lemon ice cream! Your kids are so cute! The things they say and do are so darling.

April said...

I wish Logan would sit still long enought to watch anything for 7 mins!
Jacob is getting so big! I like the picture of him sticking his finger in the electrical outlet.
Nice work Jared...I'll take one too!

Shelley said...

Jared, amazing table! Fun heirloom for the family! You guys always look like you are having a great time! The yard reminds me of our huge yard in NY...miss that. Melissa, did you get an adrenaline rush buying the pajama's? haha

ronandlindahatfield said...

Great blog! Nice painting, Mackayla and Bradley, oh, and you too, Jared. The table is wonderful -- can hardly wait to see it in person!