Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweetheart Ball

We had our first annual Sweetheart Ball on Saturday night. The kids were SO excited about it all week. We had a nice dinner then danced the night away. We got out the disco ball and created a great dancing mood. We all had a wonderful time, and now Mackayla keeps asking when our next ball will be.

Dinner

Jacob, the little party animal!

Mackayla looked beautiful on the dance floor.





Aren't they cute?!?!


I got to dance with each of my men.

Jared and I tried to get a picture of us together. The first was a taken by Jared, the second by Mackayla.




It's a dark picture, I know, but we were trying to capture the lights of the disco ball.


We made our heart shaped pizza for dinner on Valentine's Day. It was delicous!




I did it again. I forgot and turned the camera side ways while doing a video. Sorry. Here's a little dark glimpse of the dancing.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I didn't see a video. What a beautiful ball that you had. I wish I could of been there. Nice dinner that you had also. I like the heart shaped pizza. Everyone looked beautiful for the ball.

April said...

That's such a fun idea! You might need to make it a semi-annual event instead. We need to be more romantic around here, we ran out of time yesterday and ended up eating leftovers.

Danielle and Derek said...

I love your Sweetheart Ball! Mackayla looked stunning with her dress and hair. (you all looked lovely) Great idea!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Mackayla was SO fancy, and Bradley looked like Mr. Cool. What a cute idea. We're a little short on girl partners around here, but maybe we could allow brother dancing.

Happy Valentine's!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Ohh, that is so sweet! Everyone looked fantastic. Mackayla is a real beauty!!!

Julie said...

That's one of the cutest ideas I've ever seen! A sweetheart ball for the family, awesome!!

You have a lot of fun ideas Melissa. I'll have to remember this one! :)