Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello 30's

I had my 30th birthday at the beginning of the week and so far the 30's haven't been so bad. It seems like everyone I know is turning 30 so it really doesn't seem that old. Also, according to my plans, Jared and I are going to die on the exact same day when we're in our 90's so I've still got like 60 years left. That thought also makes me still feel pretty young.


Jared and the kids gave me a very nice birthday. Jared made a great dinner. The kids helped him make a delicious purple cake and the Henry's came over to help celebrate. It was so fun having my birthday on a Sunday so Jared could be home the whole day.


A gift from Jared


Decorating the cake.



The kids all watching a movie together


We had a lot of snow today and the kids were so excited to go out to play for the first time this season.




This video might not be as amusing to everyone else but Jared and I think it's so funny. Bradley doesn't realize I had the camera on movie mode and is "smiling" and waiting for me to take his picture. At the end he is tired of waiting and telling me to make the camera "click" We just love the way he smiles now for all his pictures. :)


7 comments:

Julie said...

I like your purple cake! Glad you had a nice birthday & that Jared could be home all day to help you celebrate with the kids :)
You guys got a lot more snow than we did! Wow, our's is all gone already.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you took the plunge into the 30s first - I won't be far behind.
I love the video of Bradley; it's hilarious :)

April said...

We watched your video then Logan walked all around our house saying "cheese-click, cheese-click". Jared and the kids did a nice job on your cake. Wish we could all of been there to celebrate with you.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! You make 30 look a lot less scary. :) Glad you got a day with your husband.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Holy Smokes! Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!! That would make me want to put up my Christmas tree right away. Movie time looked super fun but where was Jacob's popcorn? Glad you had a nice birthday -- wish we could of been there. By the way, nice cake!

Danielle and Derek said...

Happy Birthday, Melissa! Bradley is adorable. I'm not sure we're ready for snow yet, but it looked like a fun time. We miss you!

Heather said...

That was a cute video of Bradley! He is so funny! Isn't it mean to put mittens on your infant when they are inside? I am glad Melissa had a great birthday!