Monday, September 21, 2009

busy busy busy

This is our most recent family portrait. I took it myself and this was the best one. Hopefully after this weekend we'll have some that are a little more centered. :)
Life has been fun but CRAZY as I'm still adjusting to three little ones. I'm usually desperately searching for a free moment to use the bathroom or something. I'm finding it nearly impossible to get out of the house most days and am really craving some more social interaction. I make frequent calls to my mom or sisters while I'm nursing and that is about the only way I'm able to interact with other adults during the days.
I spend half of my day changing diapers, am always covered in spit-up and daily showers have once again become a thing of the past so my life is certainly not glamorous but it is still wonderful. Everyday is also filled with lots of wonderful moments. It's so fun to see how well Mackayla and Bradley play together (inbetween their fights) and they both love their baby brother. Mackayla and I have been working hard on reading and writing and she's doing so well. Its the best feeling to watch her be able to read words and to bring me a piece of paper and show me the words she has written. Bradley is a litle bundle of energy and is always making us laugh. He's always trying to do things "just like daddy." Jacob is just getting to the stage where he's starting to smile at us and of course that is absolutely thrilling to us all. And the most joyous moment of any day is when we're all watching out the window and see Daddy's truck pull in the driveway. The kids clap and cheer and I breathe a sigh of relief , knowing that I survived another day. Although Mackayla is still our very emotional girl, Bradley is becoming quite the fit-throwing toddler, and Jacob doesn't want to sleep during the days anymore, they are constantly reminding me of why I love being their mother.
Daddy and the boys after church.




Brothers

Trying to capture a smile from Jacob

He's still a devoted BYU fan even if they had a bad game.


Mackayla still loves to go into my closet and find my dress up clothes

Our sweet baby Jacob


Last Saturday Jared took Mackayla on a "special fishing trip" They left at 5:30 in the morning and drove up to the lake for the morning. They even caught a little fish. Mackayla thought it was the most wonderful day and still can't stop talking about it. This is the only picture Jared took.


Mackayla has decided she loves taking pictures and the next couple are pictures she's taken of Jacob and me.


Enjoying a rainy day

Another family picture without me.


Last week we had our primary program. Our primary is huge and with well over 100 kids participating in the program, Mackayla was the star of the show (in our opinions)! She said her line loud and clear and looked adorable up there. Here is a video of her saying her line after church. Isn't she talented?!?!



Bradley wanted a turn to say her part also. It's a little hard to understand him though since he insisted the "microphone" needed to be IN his mouth.


7 comments:

Julie said...

Melissa, Jared, Your kids are so cute! I love the family portrait, its lovely & happy!! :)

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

You're doing a great job Melissa. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has to deal with sibling fights and teasing. Maybe you need to go for an hour once a week just to walk around the store and get a little break. Everybody needs a little space and time to breathe. :)

Heather said...

I love that Jacob was yawning in one of the first pictures. I love Bradley's smile when they were in the rain. Does Mackayla and Bradley really fight? I do not remember that from when I was there. Mackayla might be a better reader and writer than her Aunt Heather! Jacob is cute and getting big. All your kids are cute!

Heather said...

Oh yeah, Mackayla and Bradley did a great job on their parts!

Danielle and Derek said...

I feel your pain - this summer was really hard. Good luck getting through the crazy times and enjoying the precious moments (I have to remind myself to do that daily). Your kiddos are so adorable and those videos are sweet.

April said...

Mackayla really was the star of the show and I bet Bradley would have been better than most of the other kids too!

Danielle and Derek said...

Jared,
I notice that she said you caught a "little" fish. No support there. If she had said, "he even caught a fish" it would have sounded better and been fully truthful. Sorry dude, your wife ratted you out.