Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our 4th Anniversary

THEN...
NOW...

or more realistically... NOW



Four short years have brought a lot of changes to our lives.

Mackayla has been wanting me to try on my wedding dress for a long time, and I told her I would finally dig it out for our anniversary. She's always so dissappointed that she wasn't at our wedding, so we had a little wedding party for her to be part of tonight. She was so excited and wanted to get all dressed up.
Dancing with her prince




She was wearing my slip for a while pretending it was her wedding dress. It was so cute to see her lifting it up while trying to walk around.


Then after a lot of pleading and a few tears she convinced me to let her try on the real dress.

Dressing up was fun, and not just for Mackayla. I loved putting the dress back on too. It's always nice to know that it still fits! :)

Jared and I hired a babysitter and went out to dinner last night. It was so nice to have an actual date, and tonight we'll get to watch our wedding video. Jared knows that is always my one request on our anniversary, so he's very nice to sit and watch the whole thing with me. I better go get back to the anniversary celebrating.

11 comments:

Kevin said...

I'm glad you left mid-party to blog about it. Happy Anniversary! Melissa and Mackayla look beautiful!

K said...

Happy Anniversay!! I am so jealous that your dress fits. Mackayla looks darling in your dress. It has to be a blast to have a little girl that loves to dress up.

ashley marie said...

I CANNOT believe your wedding dress still fits you!! Well, I guess I can b/c you are just as skinny as you were when you got married. I thought your had 2 kids...

You all look great. How funny M is sad she missed the actual wedding. And how excited are you to be driving a silver bullet??

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

That is so fun to get out your wedding dress and actually fit into it, not that that is a surprise or anything (it would be a surprise if mine fit me though)! I love how happy Mackayla looks in your dress. What a great day for her too! I admit, watching our wedding video is one of my favorite things to do too and Michael Anne loves it just about as much as I do. Little girls are so fun/funny.

Jared and Melissa said...

Before I look too pathetic I should clear up Lisa that I didn't actually leave mid-party to blog about it. :) Jared was putting Mackayla to bed and I was playing on the computer while waiting for him to get back. So the party was paused anyway.

Danielle and Derek said...

You and Mackayla both look great in your wedding dress. I'm glad you got to go on a real date. Happy Anniversary!!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! I would not of let my daughter try on my wedding dress (if I had either one). how did the kids do with the babysitter?

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Every time I see one of these pictures I get sad because although my sweet mom had good intentions, she sealed up my wedding dress FOREVER! It costs a few hundred dollars to reseal it so I feel bad wasting her money by opening it. Maybe for our 10th annversary when Chad's a millionaire and can afford to reseal it. You still look beautiful!

Jared and Melissa said...

MY LIPSTICK IS PRETTY

(typed by mackayla)

ronandlindahatfield said...

What a fun anniversary party! You still look like a beautiful bride Melissa! Mackayla also looks like a beaty! That will be a great picture to put on her wedding slide show.

Sarah Heder said...

Are you kidding me?! What is with you and Lisa Tree Henry being so skinny after having babies?! I wouldn't fit in my wedding dress if my life depended on it. Over 7 years and two kids later (so far), it just ain't gonna fit me!