Sunday, May 18, 2008

Temple Square in the Spring

I've been dying to get up to Salt Lake to see Temple Square while all the spring flowers are still in bloom. It's so beautiful! We had a wedding reception to go to at the Lion House last night, so it was the perfect time to get to walk around the temple grounds. I always take way too many pictures of things, but with such beautiful flowers and beautiful kids, I couldn't help myself.






The wedding reception we went to was for Spencer's brother Taylor, so we got to visit with Ashley and her family again. Mackayla was having a great time playing with Sophie.



And for other news...
Last summer Jared grew the handlebar mustache, but this summer he's going for just a classy goatee. It probably won't get him as many comments, but I think its a little better look now that he's a big wig estimator.


We had some great weather this weekend and enjoyed some time playing in the sprinklers once we got the yard work done.


To cool off, Mackayla still enjoys "playing in the snow." She brings out a big pile of blankets, spreads one on the floor (it being the snow), then uses the other blankets as her coat, hat, boots and mittens. She loves playing this game of hers.
Mackayla is still the most beautiful Cinderella I've ever seen. Now when she dresses up, she always has to dance with her prince (Bradley). The next picture is of her giving her prince a kiss.

Mackayla and I thought it would be fun to make her some bows. We went to the store and picked out a few pieces of ribbon and some barrets. I actually made them after she went to bed, but she thinks she made them. I must give credit to Jared, he assisted me in the bow making process between his songs on guitar hero.
Photo of the Week
Cutie Bums

7 comments:

Heather said...

Love the Photo of the Week! You can never have enough bum pictures! Did Mackayla have lipstick on when she was Cinderella? Your kids are really cute!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Really, really, really cute pictures! I love "the kiss". Mackayla is moving in with her eyes closed! Pretty grown up!! Photo of the week = A+!!!

Julie said...

My favorite of all these pretty photos is the one of you, Melissa, and Mackayla at Temple Square sitting in front of the tulips. Very pretty.

Danielle and Derek said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Mackayla is a beautiful princess even without the costume. I love the look on Bradley's face in the kissing picture. And cute bows - what a great idea!

April said...

Those flowers at temple square are so pretty...you guys are alright too.
Mackayla looks so grown up with her hair pulled back and makeup on!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

All adorable pictures! Those are Hatfield bums if I've ever seen one. :) Mackayla has grown up so much. I think we got a preview into her teenage years from those pictures--beautiful! Cute bows! You'll have to make me some if I ever have a girl. Bradley always makes the funniest faces.

Jared and Melissa said...

Testing...I am writing this comment from Jared's phone!