Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day. Jared made me breakfast and also cooked a wonderful dinner. The whole day Mackayla kept giving me big hugs and telling me "Happy Mother's Day! I love you SO much!" That was almost my favorite part of the day.
Jared and the kids gave me this beautiful basket of flowers for Mother's Day. It looks SO GOOD sitting on our front porch! I'm hoping and praying now that I can keep it alive.
A mother's day picture with the kids
We tried taking a family picture with the timer.

Mackayla and Bradley both love being in the swing, so we spend a lot of time outside taking turns in it. I love Bradley's face in this picture.


Saturday we started working on this year's garden. We got our tomatoes, peppers and walla walla onions (a new one this year) planted. Mackayla worked right by Jared's side all morning as he prepared the ground and planted the plants. Hopefully this weekend we'll get the remainder of the garden ready to plant seeds for the rest of the crops.
Ashley and Sophie have been in town this last week. We met them up in Murray this weekend and went to a litte farm the community has. We had a great time looking at all the farm animals.



Mackayla and Bradley with cousin Sophie

7 comments:

Danielle and Derek said...

You guys all look great! Good job on your garden. We need to get planting, too.

April said...

Those flowers are very pretty. Nice work on your family picture. We've tried that before but could never get either of the kids to look at the camera.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Hey, was that a picture of me behind that fence?? Beautiful flowers, good job Jared! We'll be there to help you harvest your crop!!!

Heather said...

It looks like you guys always have lots of fun in whatever you do. I am glad you had a good Mother's Day, Melissa!

Anonymous said...

love the post! we had so much fun with you at the farm! thanks for coming and playing~ and i love the flowers. :) hope you had a great mother's day...

ashley

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Happy Mommy Day! That is cute that Mackayla kept giving you loves all day. My poor family was sick all weekend, so it wasn't quite as fun. I'm sure you guys are loving life more now that school's out. When will we see you again?

Chad Hatfield said...

Someone really needs to let Ashley know that if she wants to leave an anonymous comment, she shouldn't put her name at the end. That was a dead give-away.

Of course, maybe she simply got the words anonymous and unanimous mixed up. She probably gathered all her friends together and they all agreed on how exactly to phrase the comment. It was a very good comment--with a smiley face and all. I'm guessing there must have been at least five people in on it.

No comment on the Mother's Day pictures or post. I'm still in the comment review process.