Monday, March 10, 2008

Something Fishy

This last Saturday we went to the mall and a few other stores to look around. Mackayla selected her own outfit, and we decided to allow it. There were many comments and smiles from onlookers.

Some exciting news around here is that we finally purchased a double stroller! There have been a couple afternoons that it has been warm enough to take a little walk, and the kids both love it. I'm excited to start getting some regular exercise when it warms up a bit more.

Just a picture of my beautiful boy and his lovely curls!

One of Mackayla's favorite activites lately is baking. She pretends to make cakes and cookies all the time. She especially loves to bake with her Daddy's help. We reminded her that her cousin Spencer is an expert cake baker, and she would love to bake cakes with him sometime!

That being said, Mackayla was VERY EXCITED when I told her at the beginning of the week that her Grandma Nini was having a birthday and we could make her a cake. She helped me make it and then decorated it. She was so proud of the end result. We called Nini on the webcam and showed her the cake. It was a wonderful event in Mackayla's life.

Never too many pictures of that wonderful smile!

We had another fun week of school learning about water and fish. I twisted Jared's arm and got him to take us to Cabellas for Family Home Evening to look at the the big fish aquarium.


Mackayla fishing


Playing "Sink or Float"
She loved testing all the objects to see which ones floated and which ones did not. I have to admit, I was actually suprised at a few of the objects that floated.

PHOTO OF THE WEEK

11 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

LOVE the hat Mackayla!!!!
Bradley is certainly a darling!
The stroller looks great and I want to join your school. What time does it start?

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Your photos of the week always make me hungry. :) Bradley looks like Ethan in one of those pictures. Both your kids are growing up so quickly. I love your stroller--it's so cute. Did you order it online? Does it fold up nicely?

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

PS--Mackayla can make us a cake any time! And, you better slow down on the teaching. They're not going to let Mackayla come to school because she'll already know everything. :) Oh, and Bradley is so sweet and cute and getting chubby! I think I've said enough now. Maybe...

Heather said...

The kids are so CUTE! I hope it is okay if I bake a cake with Mackayla when I come out to visit!?! Where did Mackayla get that hat? It's cute! Bradley is getting so big!

Jared and Melissa said...

Amy- we got the stroller at BabiesRus. It does fold nicely. It doesn't take up anymore room in our trunk than our stroller that was part of the travel system did.
Heather- of course you can do as much baking as you would like while you're here!

Heather said...

Good, I am glad!

Danielle and Derek said...

That's the prettiest hat I've ever seen Mackayla! We would love for you to come to our house and bake cakes with us.

Jared and Melissa said...

I should give credit to Meagan for the lovely hat Mackayla is wearing! She made it and gave it to mackayla for Christmas a year ago.

Scott said...

I like the new stroller. I wish Jaden could go to your school with Mackayla, because my activities have been pretty lame lately.

This is April not Scott

Rachel said...

I loooove Mackayla's outfit. The school idea is awesome. I really would like to get some of your ideas.

ashley said...

i'm so glad you got the stroller you wanted! It's darling - such a cheerful one! also, sophie was wondering if mackayla wants to partner in designing a kids clothing line... the focus would be on non-conformity with cinderella themes. love the hat. :)