Monday, September 23, 2013

Trip to Yakima- Part 1

We went to Yakima in the last week of June for our summer trip. We were there for two weeks. Unfortunately, Jared had to work so he didn't get to stay the whole time. He drove us up there and flew back for nine days. That was a long time to have him gone! Then, he came back in time to spend the fourth of July holiday with us, and then we all drove back home together. 

Mackayla got to go her best friend from school's birthday party the hour before we left.
We left Friday afternoon and drove straight through. The kids were great travelers.

Then Saturday we met up with everyone at the river for a fun boating day.
Jacob and Grandma are ready for a ride.
Here we go on Grandpa's boat
Young little driver
Jared and the boys
Jacob with Dad and Mom

Hanging out with cousins
Nap time for Caitlin
These pictures are a little out of order, but I had so many from the trip, this was the best I could do.

Grandpa and Grandma took the kids fishing to a little lake during the time that Jared was gone.

Jacob was still not feeling well (I'll explain that later) and didn't want his picture taken.
Grandma walking with Caitlin and Cannon
Fishing with Grandpa
We didn't actually catch anything, but we had fun.
After that first weekend that we got there, Jared left early Monday morning to fly back to Utah. Mackayla and Bradley both woke up saying their tummies hurt. I didn't think much of it, but a few hours later we realized we had a wonderful stomach bug running through the family. Jared got to miss the whole thing. Lucky guy.

Bradley threw up the entire day, and I felt like I was going to. It wasn't a fun day. But at least my family was there to take care of everyone else while we laid around down stairs. Then after a couple of days when Bradley was finally better, Jacob came in to my bed in the middle of the night and threw up ALL over my bed. I texted my mom to come down and help me. I just wanted her to help with Caitlin (whom I figured would wake up with all the commotion in the room) and Jacob while I cleaned up the bed. She ended up doing all the dirty work. I owe her big time for that! Anyway, that fist part of the trip was pretty low key while we got over our sickness.

Sick Bradley
Sick Jacob

On the first day that I was feeling really sick, I heard that Jaden took good care of Caitlin upstairs. :)
Enjoying a lazy morning at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
Spending some time with our newest cousin, Clayton.
Caitlin and Grandma Davenport hanging out.
Bringing back a piece of my childhood: everyone was doing some finger weaving.

We enjoyed a few different days on the water slide in the backyard. The pictures are all just mixed together of the slide. Jared was there for some of them, and not for others.

Pretty girl.
Picnic in the shade.
Jacob and Cannon eating dinner
Caitlin and Clayton
Jacob wearing Grandpa's hat.
Cannon and Bradley being squirted by someone...
Oh, it was Jared picking on them.
Good times!




My Beach Babe


No comments: