Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mother's Day

My family gave me a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I'm so blessed to be the mother of these four amazing children. They gave me this pot of flowers for my front porch.
I got to have breakfast in bed. I was able to eat it up very quickly with three good helpers! Jared cut these tulips from the yard that morning.
After breakfast, we opened up some presents out on the deck. It made terrible lighting for pictures but it felt great and it was a lovely place to spend the morning.
Opening my gift from Jacob. Some new shoes and some Rolos.
Bradley gave me some great gifts that he made at school.
He also gave me the lawn chairs that the kids are sitting on here.
Caitlin gave me some new earrings.
Mackayla had a whole pack of papers and books she made for me at school. It was so nice. She listed me super powers were singing and getting Caitlin to sleep. I'm pretty sure she's the only person that has ever listed singing as one of my good qualities. :) I'm glad she likes it though - I'll keep on singing for her!
She also gave me a new necklace and earrings.
A Mother's Day picture with all my kids before church.

They made me a nice dinner and home-made ice cream for dessert! A perfect day! Well, it was an almost perfect day. Jacob got really mad before church because he was tired of it being Mother's Day. He wanted it to be Halloween instead. He was mad that we were dressing him in his church clothes because he wanted to put on a costume. Then he was mad when we went to sit down in Sacrament meeting because he still thought for some reason that we were going to the church for a Halloween party. He eventually did get over it. The other bad part of the day was that I missed the primary kids singing  in Sacrament meeting. I took Caitlin out for a few minutes to quiet her down, and when I came back the kids had already sang and were back in their seats! I had no idea. It was Jacob's first time to get to sing with them, and they were all disappointed that they sang to me and I wasn't even there. I felt SO SO bad!!
Before and after pictures of the boys. I had fluffed them up in the before picture, but it was definitely time for haircuts!
Bradley can read anything these days. He had picked up the book Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia), and started reading one morning. I hope he doesn't get too bored in Kindergarten!  :)
We added a new addition to the family in May also. We've all spent lots of time jumping on the trampoline this last month!

1 comment:

ronandlindahatfield said...

What a special Mother's Day for a very special Mom!!