Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweetheart Ball

Last night we had our second annual Jones' Sweetheart Ball. The kids have been looking forward to it for weeks. Mackayla has been so excited about getting all dressed up, and Bradley couldn't wait to get the disco ball out. They've been practicing their curtsy and bows for weeks, also, in preparation for the ball. Jared and Bradley were in charge of the lights and music. Mackayla and I were in charge of decorations and food. It was a fun night for us so there are a lot of pictures!


Ready for the ball!

Our princess


Me and my hot date (and Bradley)


Some Food
As I was setting stuff on the table Bradley kept exclaiming, "the table looks Dang Pretty!" I guess he was impressed.


Enjoying some food before dancing

Daddy pouring the drinks

Cheers
Since it was all finger food we just let Jacob have at it. He loved helping himself, and ate a ton.

Daddy/Daughter dance.
Mackayla was very into the dancing part. Her dad would bow as he asked her to dance, and she would curtsy as she accepted. Bradley would usually then go and bow to Mackayla asking to cut in.

Dancing the night away

I had to persuade my little guys to dance with me most of the time. They were pretty busy doing their own thing on the dance floor.

Jacob RAN around the dance floor the ENTIRE time! He just kept following the lights from the disco ball yelling, "WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!..."

This was our only date for Valentine's Day, but it was actually a very nice evening together. We got to dance together a lot and I have a feeling the man still loves me.
I tried to get a picture of the bow and curtsy.

Jacob was admiring her jewels



Jacob has his own style. This is how he preferred to dance with the ladies.


How could I have not had a good time at this ball with so many good looking little men to dance with?
For the last dance I got to dance with two at the same time!!




Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

That looks like the best Valentine's Day party ever! I'd like an invite to the party next year! You all looked gorgeous and the table was dang pretty!!!!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!!! Everyone looked great!

Julie said...

Melissa, Jared, you guys have the greatest ideas!!! I love this Sweetheart ball :) What fun memories for the whole family!

Danielle and Derek said...

I love your Sweetheart ball tradition. The boys are so handsome and the ladies look dazzling!!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

That's so cute. What a fun party! It did look dang good!

Unknown said...

I am always so impressed with all your awesome and fun ideas for your family! You are such a good mom :) One of these days, I will steal this idea of a sweetheart ball -- so cute!! :)

April said...

I tried to suggest this idea to Scott but he just looked and me strangly and said "well I guess we could all just take turns dancing with you." After seeing all your awesome pictures, I think he realized he missed out on a ton of family fun!