Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

I'm once again as old as Jared!! I really enjoy those few months that I'm younger than him. I had a very nice birthday this year. My parents arrived in town that afternoon and were able to help me celebrate. Jared and the kids made me a delicious cake and gave me some wonderful gifts. I didn't end up with many pictures to choose from but here are the few I have of the birthday.


We loved having a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Hatfield! Unfortunately, they received some bad news from home and had to leave early very suddenly and so I didn't end up with a single picture of them. They watched the kids one night and Jared and I actually got to go out for the evening! That's a pretty special event since it only happens maybe twice a year at the most. We were very appreciative!!!

We forgot to eat our donuts at our Halloween party and so instead we ate them the next night for family home evening.
Mackayla is getting much better at her photography skills.
Jacob was pretty good at this.

Bradley and Mackayla actually wouldn't eat theirs off a string that night but decided they wanted to the next day so I had to set it up again for them.

For the sake of our family history, this wouldn't be a complete summary of our week without mentioning our dear little nephew Mitchell. Since Wednesday night our hearts and minds have been COMPLETELY consumed with Mitchell and his family. He's only three years old and is in the hospital with a brain tumor. Its so hard to watch your family faced with such difficult trials. The examples of faith and strength I've seen from both of my brothers and their wives in such times has been completely life changing and inspiring for me. I am so blessed with such amazing people in my family. We are still praying for Mitchell to receive the miracle he needs. We can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving!!



3 comments:

ronandlindahatfield said...

Sure glad we could celebrate your birthday with you! We had a short but lovely visit and can hardly wait for you to come at Thanksgiving!

Danielle and Derek said...

Yeah for a real date! Glad you had a good birthday with your parents, Melissa. I love the doughnut pictures - we will have to try that next year.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! I am glad you had a doughnut eating contest!