Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Days

Jared celebrated his 31st Birthday at the end of July. I am once again enjoying being married to a much older man. Jacob felt terrible all weekend so we weren't able to do much but we did have a fun party that evening. The Nelsons joined us for dinner and presents and then a couple of his friends from work and their families also came for cake.
After singing, Jared hit the golf ball from his cake into the hole in one shot! He is amazing in every way!
The kids enjoying the cake and ice cream. Mackayla wanted to wear a "party dress" for this special occasion.

Lots of helpers for opening presents.

Umbrellas in the sprinklers!


Bradley is very into swords these days. He was using all kinds of dangerous objects as swords so one afternoon I cut him out a cardboard sword and shield. I figured he couldn't hurt anyone too badly with it.

Jared had the Webelos in our yard for an activity and I tried to get a picture through the window of Bradley. He was right with them the entire time and had no idea he wasn't actually one of the scouts.

Painting pictures to hang in their rooms.

This is so often the view I see of Jacob. Standing at my legs, wanting me to pick him up.

Daddy and his peeps.


Mackayla is such a GREAT big sister.



Painting a fruit pizza

We went camping once in July and are planning on going again this month. We all had a good time.



Beating the heat.

Jacob has gone with the no-hands approach to eating corn on the cob.

I think that catches me up with our summer pictures. A post of Jacob's 1st birthday will be coming soon!

6 comments:

ashley said...

way to go!!! a party AND a post all in one day... you are truly amazing! thanks for letting us come party with you.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jared! Jacob's no hands approch is so cute. He is really cute. All you kids are really cute! I am glad you guys are having fun!

Danielle and Derek said...

Happy Birthday, Jared! Great cake, Melissa. I love the umbrellas in the sprinkler. You do so many fun activities with the kids - I'm especially impressed with the painting. My boys have been begging to paint, and I've changed the subject whenever they bring it up, but I should probably give in one of these days.

Jacob's "hold me" picture looks so familiar; it's a common view at my house too.

Julie said...

I always love your pictures! What a fun idea to have the kids paint pictures for their own rooms :) Cool.

ronandlindahatfield said...

Hope you had a great birthday Jared. We loved spending last week with you!Great company, great bed, great fun!!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Holy smokes Jacob is all grown up! He looks SO big, I can't believe it. What cute little kiddos. The sword/gun thing is totally an innate thing in little boys no matter how much you try to fight it (and I try hard). So glad you all are doing well and having so much fun. Good job!