Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Jared!

Jared had his 28th birthday today. He decided to open his presents as soon as he got home from work. Mackayla was more than happy to help him.

For his birthday dinner he requested a mexican meal. I made chicken mole, and he even got to have his favorite tamarindo drink (non-alcoholic). I don't know how well the whole dinner turned out, but I'm sure he appreciated my efforts.

After dinner we went to an Orem Owls Baseball game. It was a lot of fun, and Mackayla loved cheering for the team.

I made Jared tell me what kind of a cake he wanted for his birthday, and he finally came up with a saw cake. So in case you can't tell, its a saw.

This is a picture of Mackayla at a birthday party for her cousin Sophie a couple days ago. She hit the pinata once, but was more interested in just playing with the golf club.

10 comments:

Scott said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jared! We wish we could have "saw" you on your birthday. The mexican food looks delicious.

April said...

Jared - Glad to see that you had a fun birthday...what was in the gifts?
Melissa - Nice job on the cake!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Sorry we didn't call you on your birthday Jared. My phone is broke and Chad was gone the whole day and night, so I couldn't use his phone. I hope you got our ecard though! Looks like you had a fun day.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

PS--That's cute that Scott and April took time to make separate comments! And only 7 minutes apart...adorable. ;)

April said...

It looks like a lot of us opted for the ecard. Too bad your mailman is so unreliable when it comes to birthday cards.

Jared and Melissa said...

I did get the ecards. Thanks so much everyone. But I guess that those aren't too secure either because the birthday money was missing in all of them!

ronandlindahatfield said...

Great cake!! Hope you had a good birthday Jared -- we caught a fish for you. Shall we mail it or bring it when we come?

Heather said...

Happy B-day! I am glad you guys had so much fun.

Heather said...

8 comments. Way to go!

ashley said...

i love the saw cake! here's a link to one of the books mom used to make us cakes when we were little - spencer found it online the other day:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/cutupcakes/

i don't remember if i gave it to jared all ready...